EASY BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS RECIPE
This recipe will help you prep a healthy breakfast with very little effort. These can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge for breakfast all week.
Makes 12 muffins.
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 ring feta cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ¾ cup quartered cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oreganum
- Pinch salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Fill the cups of the muffin pan with the spinach, red pepper, green pepper, and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt, basil, oreganum, and black pepper until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with the egg mixture until the cup is three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the egg muffins are cooked and set.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool down for a few minutes.
- Remove them from the pan and enjoy.
If you're going to store them in the refrigerator or freezer, use an air-tight container and wait until they are completely cooled before putting them in the fridge or freezer.